#some crazy time travel AU in which Merlin travels to Camelot in a time machine#and ends up falling in love with the king#but of course he CAN’T bc he has to fix his time machine#and go back to his own time#Arthur has to stay there bc he has a kingdom to run#and really. where do I come up with these silly AU ideas???#no wonder we have a million rp’s going on#it’s amazing. i love it.#my asks#kingclotpole#I’m basing this off of Merlin’s leather jacket#and Arthur exiting his ‘chambers’#like nobody says chambers in modern day mmkay.#I like this idea. I’m sticking to it
lmfao i love you so much.
"—could be these,” Arthur suggested with a hint of a smile, taking Merlin by the wrist to lift his hand up. He rested the car keys upon the other man’s palm, before regarding him with a raise of eyebrows. “I don’t think you’ll get the kids to school in time without them.”
"As do I, Merlin," Arthur replied, voice quiet and reserved only for the other man. His hand had reached out at first, fingers toying with the sleeve of his best friend’s leather jacket. His heart twisted painfully within him in that moment, unable to meet Merlin in the eye. This was no simple admission; it was one full of regret and fear and guilt. They stood on two very different planes, where possibilities were impossible—even as he glided those fingers down to just barely catch onto Merlin’s own when they peeked themselves from the cuff of the sleeve.
There wasn’t a soul who could get everything they wanted. Even if they were a king.
"—I really wish you didn’t either," came the rest of his words, as he allowed for the moment to come crashing down there—just maybe—things could have been entertained. Arthur never did look Merlin in the eye, as he passed by him, in order to open the door to his chambers, exiting them without another word.
fight/argument sentence starters
"Oh? Did I touch a nerve, Nimueh?” Arthur questioned with a reserved grin and a perk of an eyebrow, indicating a touch of curiosity laced with amusement. He was cautious in his approach of words, knowing not to take the woman lightly. Instead of being reckless and cocky, he was observing what was drawn from her with whatever he did or said.
Though, he couldn’t help wanting to make her bite.
"Going to shut my mouth for me? Well, go on then. Shut it.”
- After all we’ve been through… Everything that I’ve done… It can’t be for nothing.
- Am I ever getting boobs or what?
- Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis.
- By the looks of it, you could lose some of that food.
- Do I need to remind you what is out there?
- Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me.
- How the hell would he even walk around with that thing?
- I believe that everything happens for a reason.
- I don’t ever want to see your goddamn face again.
- I guess no matter how hard you try, you can’t escape your past.
- I shot the hell out of that guy, huh?
- I’ll cut to the chase: I need a car.
- I’m just saying, I’m glad you’re on my side.
- I’ve struggled a long time with surviving, but no matter what you have to find something to fight for.
- It’s the normal people that scare me.
- Maybe they all turned into fucking monkies.
- Now get the fuck out of my town.
- People are making apocalypse jokes like there’s no tomorrow.
- Please, don’t go. I’ll be so miserable without you.
- What did the mermaid wear to her math class?
- Why didn’t you just hang back like I told you to?
- You sacrifice the few to save the many.
- You’re lucky you’re still drawing breath!
[ decided to do one of these things in attempts of getting organized! also, just an update that things have been really tough for me irl lately, so i am going to be really sporadic for a bit. however, i’m still here. i’m still reading messages. don’t worry, i won’t be going anywhere. :) just kind of lurking about.
memes: 7 (maybe more after a queued post goes out later)
etc: accent voice meme (i have not forgotten!)
let’s see if i can get some thing done this week! FIGHTING.
pls never let go ilu and miss your lovely self!
i’m unsure if this is meant for me or for arthur or both but this is just to say: thank you. both of us needed this really badly and you are one lovely nonniepants to send this our way. all of this and so much more RIGHT back at you. you are wonderful.